MANAVLOK aims to solve the socio-economic problems of the community and to provide a better life to them.
Short Term Objectives
1. To improve the productivity of agricultural land through timely support for seeds, fertilizers, irrigation facilities, land renovation and farm mechanization.
2. To create employment opportunities in areas of residence to mitigate the migration problem, giving special support to the economic development of women and the landless via skills training, capital support etc.
3. To organize and improve the status of women, rural poor and youth through awareness programs.
Long Term Objectives
1. Ending Migration.
2. Empowering the poor
3. Empowering women
4. Restoring the ecological balance
5. Building sustainable ecosystems
6. Mobilizing people by creating awareness about democratic functioning and social responsibilities.
MANAVLOK believes that collective local leadership plays an essential role in mobilizing the local resources and making the best use of them. The utilization of local human resources must take priority over the hiring of outside assistance. MANAVLOK does not entertain the welfare approach of giving aid. It believes in providing the means for development rather than dolling out money to the poor. Funds are thus directed at start- up projects, with the expectation that beneficiaries contribute an equal investment in the form of time and energy.
MANAVLOK acknowledges that the health of the people is ultimately dependent on the health of their environment. As such the land must be protected from modern petrochemicals and devastation. Since ignorance and poverty are enemies of the environment, awareness programs and development schemes are seriously promoted.