Water Projects :
This project is designed for sustainable development of farmers by increasing the production of farmers through water conservation and soil conservation.
A. Watershed Development Project : Navnirman Project
Navnirman is an integrated water resource management project dealing with the water & soil conservation, awareness, capacity building & exposure activities to the farmers, use of water efficient devices, water budgeting, organic farming & sustainable livelihood. The project is being implemented since 2017 in 20 villages of Ambejogai & Parli blocks from Beed district.The project is financially supported by L&T Financial Services Mumbai.
Navnirman Project interventions are as follows:-
a) Compartment Bunding (CB):-
• Stone bunding is done in the hills or areas where smooth stones of 1 ft x 1 ft are available.
• Manpower is used to treat this
• The size of the Stone Banding is in the horizon Stone bunding is due to soil conservation and water conservation
b) Stone Bunding:
• This activity is similar to compartment bunding, except few changes.
• It is performed by constructing bund of size 0.30*0.80 *0.60 M with stone available at site
• It is totally executed with help of labors
c) Water Accumulating DeepTrenches (WADTs):
• This structure is constructed by making a trench of 5*3*2 M in size along the streams or brooks.
• Where there is moderate flow WADTs create a barrier to flowing water & alsotraps fertile soil.
d) Cement Nala Bund (CNB):-
• This activity is performed to create more water storage .
• It is totally a construction work executed with the help of machines & skilled labors.
• A bund in 2 meter height along river basin constructed & stores back water upto 100 meters.
e) Composite Gabion Bunds:-
• This activity is similar to that of Cement Nala Bunds except cost difference .
• This structure almost store the similar quantity that of CNBs
• It is totally executed with help of labors ,a concrete wall of 2M is constructed partially underground and on ground then stone with chain mesh are bounded together to increase its strength.
f) Desilting and pouring silt in farm land :-
• This activity is executed with the help of earthmovers machinery. A fertile silt from dry water body is excavated by Machines and farmers cart that fertile soil to their farm with bearing the transportation cost.
• This activity helps in rejuvenating the rivers.
• Rejuvenation is done by widening & deepening of existing Nala or river.
• The size of doha varies between 10-15 M as per the local sites
• It is totally executed with help of Heavy earthmover Machinery like poclain.
h) Deep continuous contour trench (DCCT) :
• This activity is executed with the help of earthmovers machinery, a trench of size 1*1 M along the contour line is excavated so that more water will be stored.
i) Loose Boulder Structure (LBS):
• Are small structures constructed in the upper ridge of watershed area or waste land (having slop more than 5%), undulating topography and/or where run off is high.
• It is performed by labors with stone available at local site
• It tends to protect soil erosion from hilly area & also helps in vegetation.
j) Earthen Nala Bund (ENB) :
• These are generally built to temporarily halt the flow of water, to enable the soil conservation & storage of water.
• The bund created is the mixture of soft rock & black cotton soil.
k) Recharge Shaft:
• This activity is performed in river basin where water percolation is poor. A 100 feet bore-well is drilled & trench of 2.5*2*2 Meter is created & filled with the stones, pebbles & sand.
l) Rejuvenation of Tube-Wells:
• This activity is performed to rejuvenate defunct existing bore-well.
• A trench of 2.5*2*2 Meter is created & filled with the stones, pebbles & sand.
m) Shivansh (Compost):
• This activity has been added as the promotional demos for good agricultural practices.
• It is performed by preparing a net dimension 4*12 feet and filled with organic material available at site.
• A exposure to different temperature and material shift in three stages tends to produce a compost in 18 days.
n) Awareness & Capacity Building Activities:
• Awareness on watershed development, tree plantation, climate resilience, water budgeting, organic farming &group farming.
• Capacity building on watershed, good agriculture practices, water efficient devices, agriculture, horticulture etc.
Table describing achievements of Navnirman Project activities.
|TYPES OF ACTIVITY||UNIT||QUANTITY||BENEFICIARIES||VILLAGES|
|Doha (River Rejuvenation)||Number||355||668|
|Rejuvenation of Borewell||Number||10||10|
|Agriculture Horticulture (AH)||Number||8025||356|
|Dryland Horticulture (DH)||Hectare||155||258|
|Wall Budget Paintings||Villages||20|
|Capacity Building workshop||Villages||5|
|Stone Bunding||Running Metre (RMT)||10019||39|
|Composite Gabion Bund||Numbers||5||6|
|Distribution of Water Efficient Devices||Numbers||40||40|